Panels, Conferences & Publications
- Serlin, Chair of Annual Panel Discussion on the Changing Supreme Court, Featuring Ninth Circuit Judges Alex Kozinski (Ret.) and Stephen Reinhardt (Dec.). 1998-2005.
- Benedon, Speaker at California Association of Realtors Legal Affairs Forum. January 2003.
- Benedon, Speaker at State Bar of California Conference on Appellate Practice. September 1997.
- Benedon, Speaker at San Diego Conference on Responding to Child Maltreatment. January 1994.
Publications by Benedon & Serlin, LLP Attorneys
- Albers & Serlin, California Supreme Court Ruling on SB 800 Creates Conflict Between Homeowners, Insurers and Builders. Subrogator, Spring/Summer 2018.
- Serlin & Benedon, Jury Trials for Juveniles: Justice Affirmed or Justice Denied? Valley Lawyer, May 2017.
- Ebelhar, Court Reporters Transcripts in a Digital World. California Litigation, Volume 27, November 3, 2014.
- Albers & Serlin, Common Law Defect Remedies Live On. Los Angeles Daily Journal, September 19, 2013.
- Horwitz & Serlin, The Long Goodbye: The Effect Of Tolling On Legal Malpractice Practice Claims. Los Angeles Daily Journal, December 15, 2011.
- People in the News. Valley News Group, March 26, 2009.
- Benedon, et al., Equitable Tolling of the FEHA Statute of Limitations. California Labor & Employment Law Review (Publication of the State Bar of California Labor and Employment Law Section) March 2009.
- Expert Advice. California Lawyer (Publication of the Daily Journal Corporation) September 1999.
- Serlin & Benedon, Farnham Expands Municipal Immunity For Urban Bike Paths. Los Angeles Lawyer (Publication of the Los Angeles County Bar Association) July/August 1999.
- Serlin & Benedon, How To Lose Your Right To Arbitrate Without Really Trying. Litigation (Publication of the Los Angeles County Bar Association) Winter 1997/1998.
- Benedon & Serlin, Obtaining Relief From Deemed Admissions. Advocate (Publication of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles) January 1996.
- Serlin & Benedon, Racial Hostility in the Workplace: Assessment from the Perspective of a Reasonable Person with the Victim’s Same Racial Traits. Forum (Publication of the Consumer Attorneys of California) May 1995.
- Benedon & Serlin, Civil Discovery, and the Privilege Against Self-Incrimination. Advocate (Publication of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles) March 1995.
- Benedon, Courts Clarify Physician’s Immunity In Reporting Child Abuse. California Physician June 1991.
- Serlin, Appellate Court Settlement. Alternatives (Publication of the American Bar Association) Winter 1986/1987.
Articles about Benedon & Serlin, LLP
- “Objectors Can’t Topple $4.5M Goodwill Wage Settlement,” Law360, Aug. 18, 2020.
- “Oyez! Oyez! Oyez! Valley Lawyers in the U.S. Supreme Court,” Valley Lawyer, May 2016.
- “People in the News,” Valley News Group, March 26, 2009.
- “Expert Advice,” California Lawyer, Sept. 1999.
- Albers, Adjunct Professor, Legal Writing And Advocacy, University of Southern California — Gould School of Law. 2012-2015.
- Serlin, Guest Lecturer, University of Southern California — Gould School of Law. November 2011, November 2012, November 2013.
- Serlin, Instructor for Calabasas High School and Viewpoint School — Constitutional Rights Foundation Mock Trial Competition. 2004-2009, 2011.
- Serlin, Instructor for San Fernando Valley School of Law and West Los Angeles School of Law, Traynor Moot Court Competition. 2005-2009, 2012-2014.
- Serlin, Traynor Moot Court Competition Judge. 2015-2016, 2018.
- Benedon & Serlin, Instructor on Post-Trial Motions and Appeals, Los Angeles Valley College. 1998-1999.