About Benedon & Serlin, LLP
Benedon & Serlin, LLP appears in both the state and federal appellate and supreme courts. We pride ourselves on being intimately familiar with the appellate procedure and the appellate courts, but also have a firm knowledge of general substantive law. As a result, we conduct appeals and trial consultations in a wide range of substantive legal areas. Our firm has been acknowledged for our repeated successes, among others, in employment, arbitration, anti‑SLAPP, tort, and civil rights matters.
Based on the extensive and recognized experience of our attorneys, the firm provides the winning edge:
- Firm founding attorneys Douglas Benedon and Gerald Serlin, as well as firm attorney Melinda Ebelhar, are certified appellate law specialists (certified by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization);
- In 2019-2020, Benedon & Serlin, LLP received a National Tier 1 and a Los Angeles Metropolitan Tier 1 ranking in appellate practice by U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms”; Benedon & Serlin, LLP was first recognized by U.S. News & World Reports in 2018;
- In 2016-2020, firm founding attorney Gerald M. Serlin has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America, in appellate law, U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers;
- In 2019-2020, firm attorney Judith E. Posner has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America, in appellate law, U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers;
- Our firm as a whole, and both firm founding attorneys individually, are AV rated by Martindale‑Hubbell, the highest rating available;
- Firm founding attorneys Gerald Serlin, and firm attorneys Kelly Horwitz and Judith Posner, completed judicial clerkships and/or held judicial attorney positions; and
- Firm attorneys have received awards and professional recognition for their outstanding achievement in appellate advocacy.
Experience and proven success make Benedon & Serlin, LLP a well-recognized and highly respected appellate firm.