Providing the finest appellate representation.
We understand the unique challenges our clients face on appeal and stand ready to provide experienced counsel.
About Benedon & Serlin, LLP
Benedon & Serlin, LLP appears in both the state and federal appellate and supreme courts.
We pride ourselves on being intimately familiar with appellate procedure and the appellate courts, but also have a firm knowledge of general substantive law. As a result, we conduct appeals and trial consultations in a wide range of substantive legal areas.
Our firm has been acknowledged for our repeated successes in such issue areas as:
Based on the extensive and recognized experience of our attorneys, the firm provides the winning edge:
- Appellate Law Specialists: Firm attorneys Wendy Albers, Douglas Benedon, Melinda Ebelhar, Judith Posner, and Gerald Serlin are certified as appellate law specialists (certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization).
- Judicial Staff Attorneys And/Or Clerkships: Firm attorneys Kelly Horwitz, Judith Posner, Gerald Serlin, and Kian Tamaddoni have held judicial staff attorney positions and/or completed judicial clerkships.
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firm: From 2019-present, our firm received a National Tier 1 and a Los Angeles Metropolitan Tier 1 ranking in appellate practice by U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms.” Benedon & Serlin, LLP was first recognized by U.S. News & World Report in 2018.
- U.S. News & World Report Best Lawyers: Firm attorneys Wendy Albers, Douglas Benedon, Judith Posner, and Gerald M. Serlin are recognized by Best Lawyers in America, in appellate law, U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers.
- Southern California Super Lawyers: Firm attorneys Wendy Albers, Douglas Benedon, Melinda Ebelhar, Judy Posner, and Gerald Serlin were selected as Southern California Super Lawyers, in appellate law.
- Up-And-Coming 100: Southern California Rising Stars in Appellate Law: Firm attorney Kian Tamaddoni was selected to the Up-and-Coming 100: Southern California Rising Stars, in appellate law.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated: Our firm is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating available.
- Awards and Professional Recognition: Firm attorneys have received awards and professional recognition for outstanding achievements in appellate advocacy.
Experience and proven success make Benedon & Serlin, LLP a nationally recognized and highly respected appellate firm.
Available to Meet Via Video Calls